Breast reduction surgery allows women to feel more confident and comfortable in their own skin.
A breast reduction, also known as a reduction mammoplasty, decreases the size of the breasts by removing excess tissue and skin. For women with large breasts who are suffering from the physical and emotional toll of their condition, this type of plastic surgery can be life changing.
In addition to relieving physical symptoms, many women report feeling happier with their appearance after surgery. According to The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), breast reduction procedures have grown by over 30 percent since 2004.
What’s the cost of breast reduction in North Carolina? Read on to learn more about how much you can expect to pay for this procedure, as well as how insurance typically factors into the equation.
average cost of breast reduction in charlotte nc
How Is Breast Reduction Surgery Performed?
Dr. Beck, a board-certified plastic surgeon, removes excess fat, tissue, and skin through the incisions, reshapes the breasts, and repositions the nipples. Although they are repositioned, the nipples remain attached to blood vessels and nerves to preserve sensation. Dr. Beck has the natural artistry and technical skills to produce spectacular, body-transforming results in breast reduction surgery.
Performing breast reduction in Charlotte, NC, Dr. Beck removes excess fat and tissue to create a more proportionate, shapelier breast. The surgical approach and the incision placement will depend on your unique anatomy and aesthetic goals. Dr. Beck will use one of several possible surgical techniques.
What Is Recovery Like After Breast Reduction Surgery?
You can expect to return home on the day of surgery wearing a compression garment to help reduce swelling and help preserve the new, improved shape of your breasts. Most patients can return to work and normal activities in seven to 10 days after breast reduction in Charlotte, NC.
In the early stages of your recovery, you may experience some bruising, discomfort, and sensations of tightness or constriction. Use cold compresses at this time to relieve pain and reduce post-surgical swelling. Dr. Beck will prescribe medications to help manage your discomfort.
Breast ProceduresAt Beck Aesthetic Surgery
What Is the CostOf Breast Reduction Surgery?
The cost of breast reduction surgery is $10,000 – $13,000. This is the total price and includes ALL the fees for anything needed in your procedure such as the operating room, the anesthetics, or surgeon fees.
Oversized breasts can cause a host of problems, including neck, back and shoulder pain, skin irritation, and emotional distress. These are problems that not only affect how you look but also how you live your day-to-day life. If you have macromastia (oversized breasts), you can be limited in not only your choice of clothing but also the activities in which you can participate. Some patients can also develop yeast infections and other skin irritation problems underneath the breast (within the skin fold) that may require continuing medical treatment.
Breast reduction (or “reduction mammoplasty”) involves the removal of excess breast tissue and breast fat to reshape, resize, and lift the breasts. This procedure helps the patient to achieve a breast size that is more balanced and proportional to the rest of her body. It also relieves the mental distress, physical restrictions, and painful strain on other parts of the body caused by excessively heavy breasts.
Some common issues breast reduction patients face are:
- Back, neck and shoulder pain that persists even after medical treatments such as medications, massage, and chiropractic care
- Indentations or deep grooves in the shoulders from bra straps
- Restricted physical activity, inability to run, or general discomfort being active
- Skin irritation including but not limited to yeast or fungal infections in the breast crease that may require topical creams or ointments
- Sagging, stretched breast skin
- A low breast profile where the nipple-areolar complex rests below the breast crease
- Enlarged areola caused by stretched skin
Although breast reduction surgery is frequently performed to address medical issues, it may also be done electively for patients who are simply unhappy with the size of their breasts and desire to have smaller breasts.
Our experienced and renowned plastic surgeons are available to discuss the procedure, surgical techniques and the results you can expect in more detail through a free plastic surgery consultation. Your consultation may be covered under your insurance plan – let us know if you are interested in seeking insurance coverage and we may be able to bill your insurance company accordingly. Pre-certification is often required for reimbursement or coverage, along with detailed documentation by a physician for a period of time determined by your insurance policy.
Women with weighty, disproportionately large, or pendulous breasts may benefit from breast reduction surgery. This procedure is performed for medical as well as cosmetic reasons. Overly large breasts can cause pain, discomfort, and health problems.
You may be a good candidate for breast reduction in Charlotte, NC if:
- Your overall health is good
- You have reached or are close to your ideal weight
- You do not plan on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding soon
- You feel your breasts are overly large in proportion to your body
- You feel less confident and self-conscious because of disproportionately large breasts
- The weight of your breasts causes pain in your neck, back, and shoulders
- Heavy breasts pulling down on your bra straps have caused grooves to form in your shoulders
- You suffer from skin irritation or rashes in the creases of your breasts
- Your posture has been affected by the size and weight of your breasts
- Your overly large breasts make exercise and physical activities uncomfortable.
- Your breasts are both large and asymmetrical – one breast is larger than the other