There are three main acids used in chemical peels: glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and trichloroacetic acid. How do you know which is right for your skin? Let’s take a look at each one.
A chemical peel is one of the most effective ways to rejuvenate your skin, and can be a great addition to your skincare routine. Chemical peels use a solution that causes the outermost layers of your skin to peel off, revealing smoother, younger-looking skin underneath. The solution commonly used in chemical peels is an acid.
With so many options out there, finding the best acid for your skin peel can feel overwhelming. But don’t worry—we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll go over the types of acids used in skincare and how they work. We’ll also give you some suggestions for finding the best acid for your skin peel!
List of Best Acid For Skin Peel
- Best SA peel for lower budgets: The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
- Best SA peel for all skin types: Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel
- Best SA peel with tea tree oil: QRxLabs 20% Salicylic Acid Gel Peel
- Best SA peel with a money-back guarantee: Skin Beauty Solutions Salicylic Acid Skin Peel 10%
- Best SA high strength peel pads: Perfect Image Tri-Clarity Peel Pads 25%
- Best SA peel for wrinkles: Murad Replenishing Multi-Acid Peel
Factors to Consider for Best Acid For Skin Peel
A person buying a SA peel product should consider the following:
- Skin type compatibility: Individuals should choose a product that is compatible with their skin type. Brands usually list this information on the label.
- Instructions: People should opt for a SA peel that comes with instructions indicating how to add it into a skin care routine.
- Returns: Some companies offer a money-back guarantee for individuals who are not satisfied with the treatment.
List of Best Acid Peels
Best SA peel for lower budgets: The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
- Price: $8
- Volume or count: 30 milliliters (ml)
- Pro: suitable for oily skin
- Con: may irritate sensitive skin
Best SA peel for all skin types: Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel
- Price: $88
- Volume or count: 30 treatments
- Pro: easy-to-use treatment pads
- Con: more costly than some products
This peel also contains SA and AHAs
Best SA peel with tea tree oil: QRxLabs 20% Salicylic Acid Gel Peel
- Price: $19.95
- Volume or count: 30 ml
- Pro: contains essential oil and botanical extracts
- Con: may not be suitable for all skin types
Best SA peel with a money-back guarantee: Skin Beauty Solutions Salicylic Acid Skin Peel 10%
- Price: from $15
- Volume or count: from 15 ml
- Pro: available in different strengths
- Con: no recent product reviews on its website
Best SA peel for wrinkles: Murad Replenishing Multi-Acid Peel
Murad’s multi-acid peel formulation is for balanced, oily, combination, and dry skin types. The company states the peel helps prevent dryness and reduce irritation.
According to the company website, users say their skin is smoother, brighter, and has an even tone.