Breast reduction surgery is a procedure that removes excess fat, glandular tissue and skin, resulting in smaller breasts. It can also help alleviate neck and back pain caused by large breasts. A breast reduction surgery can reduce the size of your breasts by one or two cup sizes, although it will not change the shape of your breasts.
Women who have large breasts often experience problems with their upper backs, shoulders and necks as a result of their large busts. Women with heavy breasts have difficulty finding bras that fit properly and many women with large breasts experience severe back pain and other health problems. A breast reduction surgery can help alleviate many of these problems by reducing the size of your breasts, which may make finding bras easier and decrease back pain.
You may find it hard to access the right information on the internet, so we are here to help you in the following article, providing the best and updated information on Best place in turkey for breast reduction, breast implant safety. Read on to learn more. We at cosmeticsurgerytips have all the information that you need about best breast lift. Read on to learn more
Best place in turkey for breast reduction
Oversized breast comes with physical and mental challenges, affecting many young women’s self-image and confidence. Studies have proven women with large breasts are more likely to develop chronic back pain.
It is no secret breast reduction is the best solution to remedy these challenges. Breast reduction surgery is considered a cosmetic surgery; many insurances don’t cover it, so traveling abroad to have breast reduction surgery in Turkey or Poland is the most affordable option.
The Benefits of Choosing Breast Reduction Clinics in Turkey
The Quality Isn’t Compromised For Affordability.
The doctors are well versed in breast reduction surgeries and have years of experience. Some of them have credentials from prestigious global universities. The standard of care in these clinics in Turkey is as good as those in the UK, US, and Europe, if not better. Turkey has all the elements to make it the best country for breast reduction surgery.
Renowned institutions with international accreditations have top-class surgeons, and they are trained and with years of experience in breast reduction. You can evaluate their experience based on the awards and credentials on their website or the clinic website.
Treatment That’s Worth Your Money
Finding a specialist abroad will be more cost-effective than visiting an amateur doctor in your local country.
Spend Your Recovery Period In A Stress-Free Luxury Environment
Some patients prefer an agency to plan their treatment abroad. It gives you relief to focus on your recovery. The agency will prepare a customized trip that fits your needs. The all-inclusive package will include flight, accommodation, and airport transfer.
Breast Reduction Surgery In Turkey Cost
Turkey’s average Breast reduction surgery cost is €1800 – €4000. However, some factors influence the breast reduction surgery price, like the location of the clinics, the surgeon’s experience, the technique used, and the type of treatment.
The Best Candidate For Breast Surgery
You’re an ideal patient for breast reduction in Turkey if you’re physically healthy and not breastfeeding. And if you’re suffering from back, shoulder, or neck pain.
The Next Steps If You Plan To Have Boob Job In Turkey
- Choose the right surgeon, do your due diligence, and enquire.
- Plan your trip well, and give yourself time to rest after the treatment.
- Prepare a list of questions for your doctor: prepare a list of questions to ensure you receive quality treatment. Common questions to ask – do they provide a translator? Do they have patients’ testimonials? Is the clinic registered with the national association?
- Schedule an online consultation. Most clinics or hospitals that work with international patients offer this service.
- Verify the surgeon’s experience. Ask about the surgeon’s education, additional fellowship training, and how many times they performed the treatment.
- Have a clear expectation of the results: understand the procedure plan you need.
Once you decide on a clinic, we will plan and arrange an all-inclusive breast reduction procedure package. To suit your personal preferences and match you with Turkey’s best breast reduction surgeon.
Luna Clinic Turkey
- Free transfers between airport, hotel and clinic
- Over 5 language service
- Open 24 hours
- Health insurance coordination
- Move with the motto of healthy beauty
- ISO 9001-certified clinic in Istanbul
- Free consultations
- 7/24 working center
Memorial Sisli Hospital
- Since first opening its doors in 2000
- 200 bed capacity
- Pneumatic tube transfer system
- Pressure support system to control temperature
Dr. Sema Ozden Clinic
- Free transfers between airport, hotel and clinic
- Over 5 language service
- Located in Izmir, Turkey
- Free consultations
Medical Park Gaziosmanpasa Hospital
- 517 bed
- Biggest private hospital in Istanbul
- 60 square meters area
- 9 languages service
- 28 years of experience
- Includes seven hospitals
- Closed area of 20,000 square meters
- 150-bed capacity
Ekol Hospitals Izmir
- Patient-oriented service
- Safe and quality nursing care services
- Monitored by the Quality Management Unit
- Using the most advanced technology
- Over 15 years of plastic surgery experience
- 3 branches in Istanbul
- Specialized in hair transplant and more
- Accredidated ISO 9001-2008
- Reliable health services
- 22 doctors in the medical field
- Have cooperation agreement with Houston Methodist Hospital
- Modern hospital founded in 2008
Dr. Habib Baskurt Clinic
- Free online consultation
- Translation services
- Located in Istanbul
- Member of Turkish Medical Asssociation
Breast Reduction Recovery Time
Expect full recovery from breast reduction surgery after 4 – 6 weeks. It’s normal to feel a minor pain after the surgery; your doctor will prescribe medication to manage the pain.
You will wear compressing garment around your chest (also known surgical bra). You can return to work two weeks after the surgery. And follow your doctor’s instructions to speed up your recovery.
How is Breast Reduction Performed?
A breast reduction involves the removal of excess fat, skin, and tissue from your breasts. In many cases, a breast uplift is performed simultaneously to reshape your breast and reposition the nipple and areola for better results.
Depending on the size of your breasts, skin, and anatomy, the technique used by your surgeon will either be an inverted T reduction or a vertical pattern reduction.
The most common type of breast reduction is an inverted T reduction, especially for reducing large breasts or those with excessive breast skin.
Most patients are concerned about post-surgery scarring, and although it will not completely disappear, the scar will gradually fade over time.
Cosmetic Procedures Related To Breast Reduction Surgery
Some patient preferer to have other cosmetic procedure that complements the breast reduction surgery; these complementary procedures include:
- Breast lift
What Are Some Common Possible Side Effects Of Breast Reduction?
Some of the possible reactions you can develop after breast reduction surgery include:
- Anesthesia risks
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation
- Bleeding (hematoma)
- Blood clots
- Breast contour and shape irregularities
Breast Reduction Surgery Results
Most patients report a high satisfaction rate, and breast reduction in Turkey has a success rate of 90% – 95%
How To Prepare For Boob Job Surgery
- A week before the procedure, you should stop taking Aspirin and any other medication that causes blood thinning.
- If you are allergic to any drugs, you should inform your surgeon as soon as possible.
- Avoid smoking before the surgery.
- Consuming any alcoholic beverages can affect anesthesia. So it would be best if you did not take in anything alcoholic before surgery.
- Follow your doctor-prescribed medication that adjusts your current medicines.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is It Safe To Get Breast Reduction In Turkey?
Yes, The surgeons are well versed in cosmetic surgeries and have years of experience. Some of them have credentials from prestigious global universities.
How Much Does Breast Reduction Cost In Turkey?
Turkey’s average breast reduction surgery cost is €1800 on the lower end, reaching up to €4000. The surgeon’s experience, the technique used, and the location of the hospital contribute to the procedure cost.
How Many Sizes Can You Go Down In A Breast Reduction?
Most women drop one or two cup sizes after breast reduction surgery. But it depends on your desired results and your body makeup.
Breast implant safety
If you have been thinking about having breast implants, the chances are you will already have learnt a great deal about the different types of breast implants, breast implant incisions and choosing the best size of the implant. We believe one of the most critical areas to bear in mind is ensuring the highest standards of breast implant safety. The vast majority of women who have this procedure are delighted with their breast implant results and have never encountered any issues during or after the procedure. Having said that, there are several potential breast implant risks to be aware of. Here at Centre for Surgery, we take patient safety very seriously, and we have emphasised the most important safety considerations concerning breast augmentation below. If you want to learn more about optimising safety in breast augmentation, please discuss this further with the surgeon at your consultation.
Why is it important to consider the safety of breast implants?
Deciding to undertake any form of surgery, including breast implant surgery, should not be undertaken lightly. Although breast augmentation is a straightforward procedure to carry out, there are several important factors to consider about the nature of breast implants themselves:
- Breast implants are not designed to last for the lifetime of an individual. Approximately 10 to 15 years after your first procedure, we recommend having a consultation with your surgeon to discuss breast implant removal or breast implant replacement. If you choose to have, your implants removed you may need to have a breast lift at the same time to correct saggy breasts that have developed over time.
- Breast implant rupture is rare with the latest generation implants but is still a potential risk with any type of implant. Although implant rupture is not a dangerous condition, it is essential to have corrective breast surgery to remove and/or replace the implant.
- Silicone breast implants require regular surveillance, and we would recommend undertaking high-resolution ultrasound scanning every two years. Centre for Surgery is one of the few clinics in London to offer this service to our patients.
- Breast cancer screening using mammography can sometimes be more challenging to interpret in the presence of breast implants. The doctor may need to carry out a different type of diagnostic imaging to view the breasts from different angles. These images could be more challenging to interpret. With improvements in x-ray technology, the risk of missing breast cancer in the presence of implants has markedly reduced over time.
Capsular contracture is used to describe excessively tight scar tissue that develops around the breast implant, which often results in pain and discomfort. Severe grades of capsular contracture can deform the underlying breast resulting in an abnormal breast shape. This is one of the most common risks associated with breast implants. Although capsular contracture it’s not a dangerous condition, it is a recognised complication of breast implant surgery and will require corrective breast surgery.
The reasons why capsular contracture develops are still uncertain. However, it is thought there are several factors which act in combination to increase the chances of the condition developing. Some studies have suggested it may be more commonly seen after revision breast surgery. Other studies demonstrate a link between patients who have had subglandular breast augmentation and the later development of capsular contracture.
Breast implant rupture
It is important to remember that breast implants are not designed to last for the lifetime of an individual patient. Breast implants have a finite lifespan with a small risk of implant rupture with the increasing age of the implant. Although breast implant rupture sounds dramatic, it is not a dangerous condition with no impact on health. Silicone breast implants have a highly cohesive gel; when implant rupture occurs, the gel remains inside the implant. Older types of silicone implants may be more prone to leakage, although any leakage is usually contained within the capsule or the pocket where the implant is placed. Silicone itself is chemically inert and is not known to result in adverse reactions if it comes into contact with body tissues. Saline breast implants are rarely used in the UK. When saline implants rupture, the internal say line will be safely reabsorbed by the body with no adverse consequences. With any type of implant rupture, revision breast surgery will be required to remove the old damaged implant and replace it with brand-new ones. Breast implants generally last between 10 to 15 years, with some potentially lasting for a lifetime.
BIA-ALCL is an extremely rare risk associated with breast implants. It is a form of non-Hodgkins lymphoma that most commonly develops in the scar tissue and fluid surrounding the implant. BIA-ALCL is most commonly linked with textured breast implants. The cause of the condition is still unknown, although many surgeons believe the surface texture can significantly increase the risk of developing BIA-ALCL.
Here at Centre for Surgery, we do not use highly textured breast implants. We only use FDA-approved Mentor implants and Sebbin implants, with both having an excellent track record of safety.
Corrective breast surgery
Breast implants will eventually need to be either removed or replaced with new ones. Revision breast surgery is commonly carried out at our Baker Street clinic in central London. Revision surgery is generally a very safe procedure, although, as with any surgery, there are always risks involved. The risk of complications developing is minimised as long as you are healthy without any significant chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure or obesity.
Revision breast surgery may be associated with a slightly higher risk of capsular contracture. It is therefore vital to follow all your surgeon’s post-operative instructions in full to minimise the risk of this occurring. This includes avoiding alcohol and certain medications, which may increase the risk of bleeding. Breast massage should also be avoided, as should any activities that could increase the risk of excessive scars or bleeding, such as strenuous exercise within the first six weeks of surgery.
Breast implant illness or BII is another potential complication of breast augmentation. Plastic surgeons don’t generally view BII as a recognised disease. However, there have been anecdotal reports of women claiming they developed autoimmune conditions after breast implant surgery which subsided when the breast implants were removed. It is important to tell your surgeon if you have a personal or family history of autoimmune conditions or allergies. This information will be used to determine your suitability for breast implant surgery.
Best breast lift
The look and feel of the breasts can be affected by pregnancy, breastfeeding and significant weight changes. Women often notice their breasts lose volume and develop sagging, resulting in a less aesthetically pleasing appearance. A breast lift is designed to improve the shape of the breasts so that they appear perkier and have a firmer feel with a higher position on the chest for a more youthful appearance. Many women find specific items of fitted clothing, including swimsuits, fit much better after a breast lift.
Breast lift surgery is designed to remove excess skin and reshape the underlying breasts with surgical repositioning of the nipple and areola for a more youthful-looking breast mound. Breast uplift is commonly combined with breast augmentation for women keen to increase the size of their breasts with an improvement in breast shape. There are several different types of breast lift procedures, and the most appropriate one will be determined after a consultation with an expert breast surgeon.
A crescent lift is the least invasive type of breast lift and involves a half-moon incision located on the upper half of the areola. The procedure is often carried out on women with small breasts and very mild degrees of breast sagging. A crescent lift can also be performed simultaneously as breast augmentation for a subtle breast lift.
A doughnut breast lift is suitable for women who have mild to moderate degrees of breast sagging. The procedure involves making a circumferential incision around the areola. A doughnut breast lift is also known as a Benelli lift and is designed to reposition the nipple and areola higher up on the breast mound. Breast skin can be effectively tightened to get rid of breast sagginess. A doughnut lift is an excellent complimentary procedure to enhance breast implant surgery results for women with mild to moderate degrees of breast droopiness.
The lollipop lift involves incisions around the areola’s circumference and a vertical incision downwards from the areola to the lower breast crease. Lollipop lift is a well-established type of breast lift procedure, and it’s ideal for women who want to correct moderate degrees of sagging. The lollipop lift is not a suitable procedure for women with a severe amount of breast sagging from significant weight loss. A lollipop breast lift should also not be combined with breast augmentation surgery.
The anchor lift is most suitable for women with a large amount of breast sagging. The procedure shares similarities to the lollipop lift, although the anchor lift involves an extra horizontal incision which runs parallel to the breast crease. An anchor lift is commonly used as part of a breast reduction surgery for reducing the size of large breasts. The anchor lift is the ideal treatment option for women with significant degrees of breast sagging.
Breast lift recovery top tips
Women can speed up their breast lift recovery by following the tips below:
- Make sure to wear an appropriate support bra. Women should avoid wearing underwire bras for the first six weeks after breast lift surgery. Once you wake up from your surgery, the nursing team will apply a suitable compression bra to wear after your procedure.
- It would help if you tried to avoid getting your breast lift incisions wet as this may increase the risk of wound breakdown. We would recommend sponge bathing for the first few days until your surgeon allows you to start having a bath.
- Avoid sleeping on your front, as pressure on the breasts may increase pain and discomfort. You can use pillows on either side of your arms to help you remain on your back during sleep.
- Avoid doing too much physical activity during the first week after surgery. It is essential to take it easy and not to do too much too soon. You should avoid strenuous physical activities and heavy lifting for the first six weeks after surgery.
- We recommend wearing shirts that button up from the front as it can be challenging to lift your arms over your head for the first four weeks after surgery. The breasts are often swollen during recovery, and wearing loose-fitting clothing will help minimise any discomfort.
- We recommend having someone look after you for the first 2 to 3 days after surgery. If you have children, your carer can help with looking after them as well as helping with any household tasks.
What are the options for a non-surgical breast lift?
Several non-surgical breast lift treatments may result in a very slight breast lift without the need for surgery.
Breast thread lift
Thread lifts involve repositioning the Breskin upwards without the incisions or scars of a breast lift surgery. Barbed threads are used to anchor the soft tissue. This procedure is considered to be non-surgical, and results may last between 18 and 24 months. There are no scars, and the threads naturally dissolve by themselves over the first two years. Treatment results are generally temporary, with a need to have repeat treatment after two years. Here at Centre for Surgery, we do not recommend thread lifts for a breast lift as there are several significant complications, including skin puckering and rippling of the skin.
Laser skin tightening
Although laser treatments are most commonly carried out for facial rejuvenation, they can also be carried out on the chest. Several treatments spaced a few weeks apart will be necessary to stimulate collagen and elastin formation. The increased firmness of the breast may result in a very subtle breast lift effect.
BodyTite is a minimally invasive treatment designed to stimulate collagen and elastin production by applying radio-frequency thermal energy beneath the skin. The surgeon will use the device with a local anaesthetic, and the desired result is firmer breast skin. A breast lift with BodyTite may improve the firmness of the breasts, which can result in a small amount of breast lift.