Breast reduction surgery is a surgical procedure that reduces the size of breasts by removing excess fat, glandular tissue, and skin. It can also help correct large areolas and other breast problems. Breast reduction surgery can be performed under general anesthesia, and incisions are hidden in the fold at the bottom of each breast or in the armpit.
The results of breast reduction surgery are often permanent. However, there is a risk of nipple sensation loss or change in appearance after surgery, which may be permanent. After your surgery you should expect some swelling and bruising for several weeks after your procedure. You will need to wear a surgical bra for several weeks following your operation and avoid strenuous activity until your doctor gives you approval.
You may find it hard to access the right information on the internet, so we are here to help you in the following article, providing the best and updated information on Best place to get a breast reduction, breast reduction surgery side effects. Read on to learn more. We at cosmeticsurgerytips have all the information that you need about breast augmentation recovery. Read on to learn more.
Best place to get a breast reduction
Large breasts are a dream of many women. They are ready to waste a lot of money to make their boobs bigger. However, the owners of really big breasts not always share this opinion. Sometimes, they become a real problem causing disorders with breathing, pain in the bone, spoiling posture…
Such cases, when large breasts are the reasons for medical disorders, are quite frequent. Luckily, there is a way to get rid of pain and unpleasant feelings — a breast reduction. This operation is often applied to make the breasts smaller, lifted, and well-shaped. As a result, a woman feels more confident, has no pain and normalized breathing.
Some people postpone this procedure thinking that it costs a lot. However, there are clinics where you can get a breast reduction at an affordable price — starting from $2,500! Below we have composed a ranking of places where you can get a cheap breast reduction surgery. Before we have analyzed offers from 88 Bookimed partner clinics. Keep reading the article to find hot offers, the prices, and schedule a procedure shortly.
Top 6 countries to get a cheap breast reduction according to Bookimed version:
- Czech Republic
- South Korea
This material has information purposes only and aims to tell about the most cost-effective skilled inpatient care. It isn’t a call to action. The choice is yours.
All prices, saving rates, and other cost information given below have 3 independent sources:
- hospital representatives, who are responsible for price relevance and other info on the clinic
- the Bookimed medical team, which calculates saving rates according to data submitted by the rated medical facilities to make comparison and decision more comfortable
- official websites of authoritative organizations that provide cost peculiarities, facts, and figures.
Prices are approximate and may change according to the clinic’s internal price policy and exchange rates. Note that the final cost is estimated by treating physician.
Cheap breast reduction in Turkey
Turkey is one of the cheapest places to get a breast reduction. The prices for the procedure range between $2,700-$5,200. The main benefit of having a breast reduction in Turkey is the package price. It means that the cost covers not only a breast reduction surgery but also transfer, accommodation, language assistance, and sometimes meal. For a patient it means saving up to 30% of money and receiving an affordable breast reduction.
Istanbul Aesthetics Plastic Surgery Center
✔️4,000 patients are served in the clinic annually!
Istanbul Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center
All reviews are verified
$3228 – $3228
Istanbul Aesthetics Plastic Surgery Center is a Turkish clinic specialized in aesthetic, plastic and dental procedures, hair transplant, and Brazilian butt lift, in particular.
The clinic offers the newest methods as Vaser liposuction, FUE and DHI hair transplants, PRP therapy for hair loss treatment.
Over 4,000 patients choose İstanbul Aesthetics for plastic procedures. Hair and beard transplant by local specialists is popular with patients from the UK, Italy, Lithuania, Spain, and Argentina.
Istanbul Aesthetics offers one of the most affordable breast reductions among the clinics listed on this page.
The cheap breast reduction includes:
- hospital stay
- medical consumables.
Hisar Intercontinental Hospital
✔️Patients from Europe, the Middle East, and Asia choose Hisar.
Hisar Intercontinental Hospital
All reviews are verified
Price on request
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental is a multi-specialty medical center in Turkey, Istanbul.
The medical center specializes in pediatric and adult cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, oncology, weight loss surgery, and check-ups. Hisar Intercontinental Hospital serves only adults. 250,000 patients choose Hisar Intercontinental Hospital to get medical care every year. Hisar Hospital is certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) that confirms compliance with international standards of treatment quality and safety.
Patients from CIS, Balkans and African countries choose Hisar Hospital for medical care.
The clinic is certified by JCI (Joint Commission International), an international organization that confirms compliance of medical services with the highest standards. So, a patient can be sure that a breast reduction will be conducted with a minimal chance of complications.
If you are interested in having a breast reduction in Hisar Clinic, want to know more details regarding the procedure and appointment, you can submit a request to contact the clinic.
✔️Dr. Bülent Cihantimur, a head of the clinic, is one of Top Turkish and world plastic surgeons.
All reviews are verified
$5235 – $7616
Estetik International is one of the largest centers of plastic surgery and cosmetology in Turkey. The clinic specializes in the face, body, breast surgery, and hair transplant.
Specialists apply Spider Web, a unique technology for the facelift. The technique has been invented by Prof. Bulent Cihantimur, the founder of Estetik International. The doctor is among Top 50 plastic surgeons in the world.
|Breast reduction||$5235 – $7616|
Estetik International is one of the largest plastic surgery centers in Turkey, where a wide range of esthetic procedures, including breast reduction, is performed. The clinic is a top choice among patients from Europe and the Near East. World-renown “living cartoon” Pixee Fox has changed the appearance at Estetik International.
Due to a brand reputation of the clinic, the cost of breast reduction here is not the cheapest one. However, it still remains affordable.
The given price covers:
- breast reduction surgery
- necessary medications and medical consumables
Affordable breast reduction surgery in Poland
Poland is among the cheapest countries to get a breast reduction in Europe. In comparison with the clinics located in Switzerland, Germany, Austria, the cost of breast reduction in Poland will be 1.5-3 times lower. Moreover, cheap tickets flights (the round trip price is about $40-$50), so you can save up to 50% of your budget even with travel charges.
✔️Package prices are available for international patients
Poland, Jelenia Góra
All reviews are verified
$4287 – $4287
KCM Clinic Poland is a comprehensive medical center in Jelenia Góra city, 90 km from Wroclaw.
Doctors specialize in weight loss surgery, plastic surgery, orthopedics, and minimally invasive spine surgery.
The hospital offers special package programs to International patients.
Every year, 700 patients from the UK, Germany, Iceland, Spain, and Oman come to KCM for treatment.
700 patients from all over the world choose KCM Clinic. These people are mostly from the UK, Germany, Iceland, Spain, etc.
The cheap breast reduction package covers:
- breast reduction with the areolas correction
- consultation with a doctor
- preoperative tests
Cheap breast reduction in the Czech Republic
The Czech Republic is one more European country where you can get a cheap breast reduction. The general price policy within the country is low, so accommodation, food, medical services here are quite affordable. There are lots of low-cost flight companies in the Czech Republic, so it will be comfortable and cost-effective to reach the Czech Republic from any other part of Europe for breast reduction. The round-trip flight from any European country to Prague will cost about $20-$60 according to Ryanair.
✔️Top choice by patients from the USA, the UK, and Western Europe.
Czech Republic, Prague
All reviews are verified
$2320 – $2925
FORME is a private clinic of plastic and aesthetic surgery in the center of Prague.
Doctors specialize in breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, liposuction, and abdominoplasty. They perform unique combined operations: several procedures are performed for a patient at the same time.
This way a body endures less stress and overall operation lasts less time. The clinic is popular with patients from the US, UK, and Western Europe.
|Breast reduction||$2320 – $2925|
A team of highly-experienced doctors operates at FORME. Each plastic surgeon has performed over 1,000 esthetic operations! Moreover, FORME doctors permanently improve their skills practicing overseas.
The cost of breast reduction at FORME includes:
- breast reduction surgery
- postoperative care
Affordable breast reduction in South Korea
South Korean clinics offer affordable breast reduction. However note that it will cost about 1.5-2 times higher than in Turkey, for instance. South Korea is considered a world’s capital of plastic surgery. The esthetic operations are so popular here that locals even present them as gifts to children, relatives, and friends.
Seoul Queen Plastic Surgery Clinic
Republic of Korea, Seoul
Seoul Queen Plastic Surgery
$7050 – $7050
Seoul Queen Plastic Surgery is a plastic surgery clinic in Seoul, South Korea. Doctors specialize in liposuction, facial surgery, rhinoplasty, and blepharoplasty.
The clinic provides rhinoplasty with 3D CT screening — it increases procedure safety and shows the desirable result to a patient.
Seoul Queen Clinic offers quite an affordable breast reduction surgery despite the high level of equipment and doctor’s professionalism. Choosing Seoul Queen Clinic, a woman does not have to worry about the quality and safety of the procedure. Each patient is accompanied by the clinic’s coordinator who will assist during every step of surgery: preparation and postoperative care.
Cheap breast reduction surgery in Thailand
Thailand is one more option to get a cheap breast reduction. When a patient chooses this country, they hope to receive not only the high-level plastic surgery result, but also spend vacations enjoying local picturesque nature. The price for plastic surgery in Thailand is considered mid-level, about the same as in South Korea.
B.Care Plastic Surgery Center
✔️Patients from the USA, Australia, Europe, Asia go here to improve their appearance.
B.Care Medical Center
$3960 – $4643
B.Care is located on the premises of the B. Care Medical Center.
Breast corrections, rhinoplasty, tummy tuck, facelift are the top procedures of the medical center.
Every year, about 70 international patients improve their appearance at B.Care. The majority of them come from the United States, Australia, Europe, and Southeastern Asia.
|Breast reduction||$3960 – $4643|
B.Care is a cozy and home-like environment plastic surgery clinic, located in Bangkok, where you can have an affordable breast reduction and relax. B.Care is awarded several prizes from the Thai Medical Council for the high quality of plastic surgeries.
To specify all details regarding the breast reduction price and operation, you submit a request. This is free and non-binding.
Low-cost breast reduction in Mexico
Mexico is among the top 5 countries in the world to have plastic surgeries according to ISAPS. Over 1 mln esthetic procedures are conducted here every year. Such a popularity is easy to explain — a perfect combination of affordable prices and high quality. Mexico is especially popular with patients travelling from the USA and Canada due to the convenient location.
Salutaris Medical Center
✔️More than 10,000 patients have already improved their appearance at Salutaris.
Salutaris Medical Center
$3876 – $3876
Salutaris is a medical center for plastic surgery in Guadalajara, a cultural capital of Mexico.
Doctors specialize in liposuction, tummy tuck, breast correction, and facial plastic surgery.
10,000 local and international patients have already got plastic surgery at Salutaris.
People from the USA, Canada, the UK, and Spain choose Salutaris.
People from the USA, Canada, the UK, and Spain prefer having plastic surgeries at Salutaris. The clinic applies only the safest option for breast reduction showing excellent results.
To get a personalized quote, clarify procedure details and arrangement issues, you can submit a free and non-binding request on Bookimed.
How to get affordable breast reduction without quality loss?
Often, a very low price can be associated with poor quality. In some cases, this is true. And it is important to find an affordable breast reduction but performed at the highest professional level to avoid complications, side effects, or unpleasant result. You can follow these simple recommendations that will help you to choose the best option and minimize the risks:
- Doctor’s experience. The right choice of a doctor is a key factor to the successful outcome of breast reduction. So, before making an appointment, carefully check out a plastic surgeon’s CV. Pay special attention to the education, a number of practicing years and breast reduction surgeries performed. Also, check whether a doctor practices overseas and attends special courses to promote the skills.
- Patient reviews. The feedback of real people is one of the most reliable sources to check the doctor’s professionalism and clinic’s reputation. You can find 100% verified reviews on Bookimed website.
- Before and after photos. Do not entrust your body and appearance to a clinic/doctor without viewing the portfolio of before and after photos. If you like the outcome on the photos, you can agree to have a breast reduction in a clinic.
If you have any doubts in choosing a clinic or a doctor that provide cheap breast reduction, submit a request on Bookimed. You will receive a free consultation regarding the procedure, clinics, doctors, price details.
What does a low-lost breast reduction include?
The package price for breast reduction covers a different number of procedures depending on a country and a clinic where you are going to have an operation. The most extended and affordable package cost is available in Turkey. It covers the following services:
- medical tests
- consultation with a doctor
Note that in most of the cases, the price of breast reduction includes the procedure itself, anesthesia, doctor’s fee, medical consumables. Before booking a clinic, specify what the price covers to plan your budget properly.
Get a free consultation
Why does a breast reduction price differ so much?
How you could notice, the breast reduction cost ranges from country to country. This is explained not by the different level of quality, in most cases breast reduction is performed according to the same strict medical standards. The main reasons are:
- Price policy. While travelling, you may notice that the price of food, accommodation, entertainment differs from country to country. The same concerns medical services — in the countries with high price policy and the level of local citizens’ income, the plastic surgeries will cost more.
- Doctor’s experience. The “star” doctors with years of experience, numerous awards, international practice ask for a higher fee in most cases. You can choose a less popular specialist with good working experience and pay up to 60% less.
- Clinic’s brand reputation. The clinics, well-known within the country or far beyond its borders, often ask for a higher price of breast reduction. Such medical facilities value their reputation and do their best to satisfy patients.
How to get a cheap breast reduction in the shortest term?
- Check out the info on clinics listed on this page and compare prices.
- Choose the most convenient options for you and submit a request.
- Bookimed medical coordinator will contact you to answer all questions.
- After a consultation, you will send the photos of the problem area to receive a personalized cost estimate.
- If the price is good for you, you schedule the date of your arrival to have a breast reduction.
Breast reduction surgery side effects
Women who suffer from physical pain or insecurity due to large, heavy breasts often benefit from breast reduction surgery. Breast reduction surgery can help alleviate discomfort and improve self-esteem by reducing the weight and size of large, pendulous breasts. Before undergoing breast reduction surgery, it is important to understand the possible side effects involved. Plastic surgeon Oren Z. Lerman explains the possible breast reduction side effects during patient consultations at his Manhattan, NY practice. For answers to your questions about breast reduction surgery, we welcome you to schedule a consultation.
THE SIDE EFFECTS OF BREAST REDUCTION SURGERY
It is normal to experience some minor side effects after breast reduction surgery. Some possible side effects include:
- Pain: It is normal for the breasts to feel sore and tender due to the tissues being manipulated during surgery. Pain is often greatest for the first few days after surgery but can be managed with pain medication, which is typically prescribed to help patients through the recovery process.
- Swelling: Swelling is also normal and to be expected after breast reduction surgery. Swelling is the body’s natural reaction to injury and important to the healing process. Patients are often advised to wear a compression bra to help reduce swelling and support the tissues while the body heals.
- Scarring: Some amount of scarring should be expected after breast reduction surgery. The location and size of scarring will vary based on the type of incision used during the procedure.
- Bruising: Bruising may be apparent on the breasts after breast reduction surgery due to bleeding inside the breast tissue. Bruising generally fades within a week or two.
- Loss of nipple sensation: Some patients may experience a loss of nipple sensation following breast reduction surgery. In most cases, this loss of sensation is temporary.
THE BENEFITS OF BREAST REDUCTION
For many women who suffer from pain or insecurity due to large breasts, the benefits of breast reduction surgery far outweigh the risk of potential side effects. Some of the many benefits of breast reduction surgery include:
- Relief from physical discomfort: Reducing the size and weight of large breasts can help relieve back, neck, and shoulder pain related to oversized breasts.
- Improved posture: Carrying the weight of heavy breasts can affect posture, causing a woman to stoop forward. Reducing the size of the breasts can make it more comfortable to stand up straight.
- Improved fit of clothing: Reducing the size of the breasts can help allow clothing to fit better.
- Improved breast appearance: Not only does breast reduction reduce the size of the breasts, it can help improve the overall appearance by improving breast firmness and proportions. Breast reduction may also be used to create symmetrical breasts and reduce areola size.
- Improved mobility: Large breasts can interfere with mobility, making it difficult for some women to be as active as they would like. Reducing the size of the breasts can help.
- Improved confidence: Breast reduction surgery can help boost overall confidence by creating a well-proportioned bust line.
Breast augmentation recovery
You should be able to return home on the same day as your breast augmentation surgery. If you require additional aftercare, you may need to stay overnight in one of our hospitals. Your surgeon will be able to discuss your breast augmentation recovery and what is best for you after your surgery. It is important to note that you will not be able to drive a car yourself on the day of the surgery, and possibly for a few days after. You may feel physically up to it, but many insurers will not cover you immediately following the administration of a general anaesthetic.
Reducing the risk of infection
One of the most important risks associated with breast surgery is the risk of infection. Whilst this is important and should be considered when weighing up whether to undergo surgery, experts are regularly investigating how to reduce the likelihood of these infections occurring. Mr Ashley Topps, one of our breast surgeons at The Harley Medical Group recommends infection screening before surgery and treatment with antibiotics to prevent infection. There are also specific techniques that breast surgeons can implement to prevent infection such as double gloving preparing the skin with an alcohol wash. 
Signs of surgery
Minor scarring on the underside of the breast and bruising around the breast area is common after surgery. Most of your breast augmentation scars should fade after six to seven weeks, however, each case is different.
Complete healing usually takes around 18 months. Following your post-op consultation, if your surgeon agrees, you can use Bio-Oil to help the healing process. Your surgeon will be able to explain at length the kind of scarring you should expect after your surgery.
During your boob job recovery time, your breasts may feel numb, tingly, sensitive or swollen for several weeks after surgery. From six weeks onwards, your breast implants should begin to feel more natural.
A week-by-week guide can be found below, detailing typical recovery times for breast augmentation patients. Please note, breast augmentation recovery time may vary between patients.
Breast augmentation recovery stages
- Discomfort and swelling is expected.
- Bruising is likely to appear.
- Initial fluid leakage is normal.
- Pain killers may be needed during this stage (avoiding aspirin).
- Your stomach area may feel swollen. Stomach swelling after breast augmentation is normal as the swelling moves down the body.
- Bruising remains stable.
- Pain is at its worst between 3AM and 6AM.
- Pain is less common during the day.
- The vast majority of swelling subsides.
- Occasional pain is expected at night.
- Nerves will begin to wake up in the breast tissue, causing a pins and needles sensation in the nipple area.
- Skin numbness is common.
Weeks 5 and 6
- The remaining 20 percent of breast healing takes place during this period.
- A lesser dose of pain killers may be necessary.
Week 7 onwards
- The final 5-10% of swelling subsides.
- Your breasts will feel softer and more natural.
- Scar tissues progressively relax and fade. Scar creams may be helpful.
How long does swelling last after breast augmentation surgery?
For most patients, any swelling will have gone down when reaching the three week mark post surgery. However, it’s normal to experience some swelling for up to three months.
Tips to reduce swelling after breast augmentation
- Wear a supportive surgical bra
- Apply cold compresses to the breast area
- Sleep in an upright position to avoid fluid accumulation in the breast area
- Drink plenty of water and eat nutritious foods to help your body heal faster
When does tightness go away after breast augmentation?
Experiencing temporary post-operative breast tightness is normal. This is due to the implants pressing at the skin and the tissue of the chest, as well as the implant pocket created to accommodate the augmentation.
Patients will typically experience tightness in the breast area for several weeks, but this tends to gradually subside. Since every patient is different, the level of tightness and its duration will vary on a case-by-case basis.
What you should avoid
Strenuous exercise and stretching should be kept to a minimum for at least six weeks post operation, as vigorous movement can cause stitches to open. Your stitches will be removed once the healing process begins.
Immediately following surgery, we advise you do as little as possible, including washing your hair, as it may be difficult and uncomfortable to raise your arms too high. After the first week to 10 days you will notice more free movement. At this point, we recommend gentle stretches to keep your muscles agile.
After the first month, you can begin low impact cardio provided it doesn’t impact your recovery process. If your breast implants have been placed below the muscle, you may wish to avoid pectoral exercises, such as push-ups, for the first 12 weeks.
Any breast lift scars should be kept out of direct sunlight and artificial UV for around one year, as skin in this area is much thinner and prone to burning. Our experts recommend wearing a broad spectrum sunscreen with SPF 25 or more.
Driving should be avoided for one week following surgery as your mobility and reaction times will be impacted. If you are on any strong pain medication, you should avoid driving long distances for the first few weeks. Medicine can make you drowsy and may impair your reflexes.
Breast augmentation recovery tips
We recommend wearing a sports bra 24 hours a day for a minimum of six weeks after your breast surgery. Depending on the rate at which you heal, a breast augmentation recovery bra may need to be worn after three months. Your surgeon should be able to advise you on the appropriate measures to take.
You will be advised to sleep sitting up, which can impact the quality of sleep experienced. Even if you sleep for eight hours, if the quality is poor it can impact how efficiently your brain functions. Sleep deprivation impacts everyone differently but can make you slower to respond or short tempered. You may want to consider how poor quality sleep will impact you and anyone around you.
You will have limited mobility for at least one week following your breast surgery which should be considered if you have young children. We recommend you arrange child care, or at the very least someone to help with the lifting during the first stage of your recovery.
Women who have undergone breast enlargement surgery should seek an MRI scan three years after surgery, and every two years following that, as a precaution.