Whether you’re looking to improve your self-image or simply want to feel more confident in your own skin, breast augmentation is a procedure that can help you achieve your goals. There are many different types of breast augmentation procedures, and it’s important to choose the right one for you.
A breast augmentation can be done using implants or fat transfer. Breast implants are silicone shells filled with saltwater that are inserted into your breasts using a surgical procedure. Fat transfer involves removing fat from another part of your body and injecting it into your breasts to increase their size. It’s important to choose a board-certified plastic surgeon who has experience performing the procedure you want. The surgeon should also be able to explain what kind of results you can expect from your procedure, as well as any risks involved in having it done.
You may find it hard to access the right information on the internet, so we are here to help you in the following article, providing the best and updated information on Best plastic surgeon in dallas for breast augmentation, Scarring after cosmetic breast surgery. Read on to learn more. We at cosmeticsurgerytips have all the information that you need about Breast implants with breast lift. Read on to learn more
Best plastic surgeon in dallas for breast augmentation
For many women, breast size and shape are an important part of their image and self-confidence. If you’re unhappy with the size and shape of your breasts, you may feel less confident than you want to, but there is a solution.
Breast augmentation with implants is a one-hour surgical procedure. Many patients feel well enough to go out to dinner the same night. For non-physical jobs, most patients who get a boob job can return to work in just two days.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF BREAST IMPLANTS?
There are 3 different types of breast implants:
- Silicone Breast Implants – Our plastic surgeons use silicone “gummy bear” breast implants to give the most natural look and feel to your breast implants. The term “gummy bear” refers to the new technology that cross-links the silicone molecules of the implants. This technology causes the internal structure of the implant to hold its shape and not leak in the event of rupture. This is a critical safety feature that sets today’s silicone implants apart from the silicone implants of the past.
- Saline Breast Implants – Saline breast implants are filled with salt water (aka “saline”). The saltwater inside is a safety feature. It means that in the unlikely event of rupture, the body will absorb the saltwater and the patient will pee it out. An additional bonus to saline implants is that they are less expensive. The downside to saline implants is that they do tend to feel more firm and less like natural breast tissue.
- Structured Breast Implants – The structured breast implant is an implant produced by Ideal that is filled with saline but has multiple shells instead of just the one in a traditional saline breast implant. This allows it to have a softer feel than the traditional saline breast implant. The implant also has two separate saline chambers, allowing for some maintenance of shape if one were to rupture.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT SHAPES OF BREAST IMPLANTS
- Round Implants – Round implants are by far the most popular breast implants as their round shape creates fullness in the top of the breast. This allows for very attractive cleavage and also helps patients who have lost volume in this area from pregnancy or weight loss to regain this youthful look to the breast.
- Teardrop Shaped Implants – Teardrop shaped implants are designed to give less fullness at the top and more fullness at the bottom of the breast, just as a natural breast would have. Shaped implants are most beneficial for patients that don’t have much shape to their breasts to begin with who want to minimize the fullness of their breasts at the top.
WHAT IS BREAST IMPLANT COHESIVITY?
Breast implant cohesivity refers to how much the silicone molecules are cross linked in a breast implant. The higher the cohesivity of the breast implant, the more the implant will want to maintain it’s shape. This means that for highly cohesive breast implants that when a patient stands up and gravity wants to pull the weight of the implant down, the breast implant will retain more of it’s shape, causing the appearance of more fullness at the top of the breast.
Highly cohesive silicone breast implants will have a more firm feel than regular silicone breast implants, and typically will cost a little bit more. During your consultation with our plastic surgeons, you will have the opportunity to see and feel silicone implants of different cohesivity so that you can pick the perfect implant for you.
WILL THE BREAST IMPLANTS BE PLACED OVER OR UNDER THE MUSCLE?
Breast implants can be placed either above or under the pectoralis muscle. The advantages to placing the implants under the pectoralis muscle are as follows:
- The pectoralis muscle camouflages the edges of the implants. This causes the breasts to look more natural.
- The pectoralis muscle provides an additional layer of padding over the implant which means that the implants will feel softer, and you will be less likely to be able to feel the edges of the implants.
- The additional covering also means that the implants are less likely to ripple. This can be very important in patients with very little natural breast tissue.
- The pectoralis muscle provides a protective benefit against scar tissue build up around the implant, a process known as capsular contracture, which means that the implants are more likely to stay soft over the long term.
- The pectoralis muscle also helps take some of the weight off the skin of the implants, which means that the breasts will stay higher, longer.
In select cases, the implants can be placed in front of the pectoralis muscle. This is a great option for patients who are body builders or power weight lifters who want to maintain 100% natural integrity to the pectoralis muscle. It is also beneficial in breast revision patients who have complications of excessive movement of the pectoralis after a prior boob job.
WHAT IF I DON’T WANT IMPLANTS? IS BREAST AUGMENTATION WITH FAT TRANSFER AN OPTION?
For patients who do not want implants, breast augmentation with fat can be a great option. Our plastic surgeons can liposuction unwanted fat from another part of the body and transfer it to the breast to increase the breast size. This method has the advantage of creating a permanent increase in size without the worry of having to change the implants down the line and without the worry of implant rupture.
There are some limitations to a fat transfer.
- The patient must have enough extra donor fat to contribute to the augmentation. As a result, patients who are very thin or struggle gaining weight may not be ideal candidates.
- In order to survive, the fat that is transferred is dependent on the fat that is already existing in the breast to provide it with oxygen and nutrients. As a result, the amount of fat that can be transferred is dependent upon the amount of fat that is already present in the breast. Thus, patients with larger breasts can receive a larger increase in size, while patients who have very little breast tissue to start with should expect a much more modest size increase.
CAN A BREAST LIFT BE PERFORMED AT THE SAME TIME AS BREAST AUGMENTATION?
Our plastic surgeons can often combine a breast lift, also known as a mastopexy, with your implants or fat. This combination is commonly performed in patients who have loose skin in the breast after pregnancy or weight loss.
Patients who require a breast lift as part of their boob job typically have their nipples sitting at or below their natural breast fold or have significant breast volume below their natural breast fold. At your consultation, our plastic surgeons will examine you and determine if a lift is required or if a breast augmentation can be performed without a lift.
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT SIZE BREAST IMPLANT TO CHOOSE?
Breast implant size is a critical decision in a Dallas breast augmentation surgery. While many surgeons insist on choosing the breast implant size for patients, It is our belief that patients should have the right to choose their breast implant size. The plastic surgeons at North Texas Plastic Surgery have developed a multi-step sizing system that empowers women to take control of the breast implant sizing process. The system is as follows:
- Patients are encouraged to bring wish pictures of breasts that they find attractive. Taste in breasts is like taste in every other aspect of our lives, it is very individual. Some patients prefer round high breasts, some prefer a more natural slope. Some prefer a large size relative to the rib cage or waist, while some prefer to keep people guessing about whether their breasts have implants or are 100% natural. Sharing photos with your plastic surgeon is critical to help convey your vision.
- After reviewing wish pictures, patients will try on breast implant sizers so that they can visualize what a certain size implant will look like on them in a bra or in their clothing or choice. Trying on the sizers also gives patients a chance to feel the weight of the breast implant size that they are selecting as well.
- 3-dimensional simulations will then be created of what a patient will look like after the augmentation with various implant sizes using our Crisalix 3-dimensional imager. This is a great way for you to see how others will see you after the breast augmentation.
- Our plastic surgeons will email you these 3-dimensional images so that you can share them with your significant other so that you have time to think about it and can solicit the input of loved ones or trusted advisors.
- At your pre-operative visit, you will have the opportunity to try the sizes on again, so that you can feel 100% confident in your selection prior to surgery.
Using our proven breast implant sizing method, you should be confident that you will have the perfect size after your Dallas breast augmentation.
CAN I SEE WHAT I WILL LOOK LIKE BEFORE MY SURGERY
Using the 3-Dimensional Crisalix imaging system, our plastic surgeons can show you what you will look like with various breast implant sizes, so that you can feel confident in the implant that you choose. For patients that are having a Virtual Consultation, our 3-dimensional imaging system can actually scan your breasts from home so you can see the new you without ever leaving the house!
PREPARING FOR YOUR BREAST AUGMENTATION PROCEDURE
Prior to your breast implant surgery, you will need to be smoke-free, nicotine-free, vape-free, marijuana-free, and recreational drug-free for 4 weeks. At your consultation, our team will review all of your medicines and any supplements that you are taking for potential interactions with anesthesia or wound healing. Any that might cause a problem will be discontinued.
THE BREAST ENLARGEMENT PROCEDURE
On the day of your procedure, you’ll meet with your surgeon again to review the process and discuss any questions you might have. Your surgery will be performed in our fully accredited AAAASF office-based surgical facility.
Breast augmentations in Dallas are performed under general anesthesia, which means you will be totally asleep and will not feel a thing during the surgery. North Texas Plastic Surgery has a fantastic anesthesia team that works full time with aesthetic surgery patients, so they know exactly what to do to keep you comfortable throughout. Once the surgery is complete, your breasts will be placed in a surgical support bra. Finally, you’ll be moved to a recovery room while you awaken from the anesthesia.
AFTER YOUR BREAST AUGMENTATION PROCEDURE
The surgery is an outpatient procedure, which means you can go home on the same day, after a short recovery period. You’ll need to have someone drive you home, and you may need help doing certain things for the first 24 hours. Most people experience only minimal discomfort afterward, and while you may need some pain medication—and plenty of rest—for the first day or two, you’ll likely be back to normal the day after the boob job. Many patients find they are comfortable enough to go to dinner the same night as their breast enhancement. Most patients are able to return to non-physical jobs within 2 days of surgery, and can return to the gym for certain cardiovascular workouts 3 weeks post surgery. Return to weight lifting and yoga is recommended at 6 weeks post-surgery.
HOW OFTEN DO I HAVE TO CHANGE MY BREAST IMPLANTS?
While breast implants should not be considered lifetime devices, there is no regular interval at which they must be changed. If you are happy with the results of your augmentation there is no need to change your breast implants.
Oftentimes, though breast implants themselves may be functioning perfectly, pregnancies, weight fluctuations, or the aging process can cause aesthetic changes in the breasts that may lead a patient to desire a change in implants. In fact, these life changes are a more common reason for breast implant exchange than is breast implant rupture.
Breast implants are very durable. In fact, two of the leading breast implant manufacturers, Allergan and Mentor provide 10-year warranties on their breast implants. Sientra takes it a step further and backs its implants with an industry-leading 20-year warranty!
SAFETY AND LONGEVITY AFTER BREAST SURGERY
All surgical procedures can have complications, and breast augmentation is no different. While most women do not experience any serious complications, possible risks include abnormal scarring around the breast implants, a process called capsular contracture, rupture of the implants, infection, skin wrinkling, and alteration of sensation in the breast area. A certain type of implant called textured breast implants have been associated with a rare condition called BIA-ALCL which is a rare lymphoma. This condition is not associated with smooth breast implants. Some of these complications may require that implants be removed, repositioned, or replaced.
However, it’s important to note that silicone implants in particular are one of the best-studied medical devices. Wide-ranging studies have shown that these implants are safe and effective, with a low risk of complications. There are no known long-term health effects. Augmentation comes with breast implant warranties from each manufacturer, which includes at least a 10-year limited warranty, and in some cases a 20-year warranty.
Breast implants do not need to be changed over any specific time period. If you are happy with the results and feeling well, there is no need to change the implants. Often people will change their breast implants over time as pregnancy, weight fluctuations or the natural aging process cause the appearance of the breasts to change.
Scarring after cosmetic breast surgery
Women seek cosmetic breast procedures for a variety of reasons, but most share a common motivation: they want to look and feel more beautiful and confident. With that in mind, it is understandable why prospective patients usually ask the surgeons at Muse Plastic Surgery what kind of scarring they can expect: the goal is to look better, not worse! Dr. Sabine Lovell, a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast procedures, explains what women should know about scarring.
SCARS FADE WITH TIME
Because all plastic surgery involves incisions, scarring is inevitable. The scarring usually becomes more pronounced as healing progresses. Although scarring may differ from patient to patient, it is likely that you will see your scars fade over time. In the year to follow, your scars should flatten and fade further, though never completely. After a year or two, the scarring that remains should be permanent.
You can do your part to help make your scars as minimal as possible. Dr. Lovell will provide a list of tips, which include staying hydrated, getting plenty of rest, massaging the scar and applying a silicone-based gel to the scar.
FOR MOST, THE MINIMAL SCARRING IS WORTHWHILE
Patient satisfaction rates are high after a breast surgery despite inevitable scarring. Women are typically so thrilled to have the kind of breast profile they always dreamed of that the trade-off is more than worthwhile. When they look in the mirror, they notice, first and foremost, the positive changes and are happy with these results. If you think you are someone who might fixate on your scars — even faded ones — then you may not be a good candidate for plastic surgery.
Breast implants with breast lift
If the droopiness of your breasts has you considering plastic surgery, you probably have several questions about the details of a breast lift. Many Muse Plastic Surgery patients ask whether breast implants are included with breast lift surgery — or whether implants are a necessary part of the surgery.
Muse Plastic Surgery is fortunate to have recently welcomed to our team Dr. Sabine Lovell, a plastic surgeon who specializes in breast procedures and is at the top of her field. In this blog, she explains how a breast lift works and whether it is necessary to add breast implants to the procedure.
WHAT BREAST LIFT ACCOMPLISHES
As your skin and breast tissue age, your breasts are more likely to sag, which inevitably detracts from their appealing shape. A breast lift removes excess skin and raises the breast tissue to a more youthful position higher on the chest. The breasts then look firmer and fuller. During a breast lift, nipples that point downward and hang close to the breast crease are also repositioned higher so that they project outward for a “perky” appearance. Enlarged areolas can also be resized, as necessary.
You may have noticed that, amidst all the benefits of a breast lift, there is no mention of augmenting the size. That is because a breast lift elevates the existing breast tissue rather than adding volume to accomplish this youthful look. With that said, if you would like to enhance the size of your breasts at the same time, you can choose to combine a breast lift and a breast augmentation.
In fact, this procedure pairing is common. Women often find that their breast volume decreases after pregnancy or weight loss and want to restore their previous size. Other women who were only somewhat dissatisfied with their breast size but now seek cosmetic surgery to address breast sagging may decide to add implants since they are already undergoing breast surgery. Whatever your motivations, the surgeons at Muse Plastic Surgery have a wealth of experience creating a beautiful breast appearance when performing these surgeries in tandem.
SHOULD YOU ADD IMPLANTS?
It is best to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine if adding implants is the safest decision for you. . During a consultation at Muse Plastic Surgery, your surgeon can help to demonstrate what your breasts will look like after a breast lift. If you decide that the sizing is not to your liking, then you can discuss implant options to help you achieve a physique that brings you happiness and confidence.