Maryland offers a variety of options for breast augmentation. The procedure can be performed with or without an implant, depending on your preferences and needs. The most common method is performed through an incision in the breast fold, but it can also be done via liposuction if you are not interested in implants.
If you opt for implants, there are three types of implants: saline, silicone gel, and cohesive gel. Saline implants are filled with salt water and placed in the breast pocket after removal of excess tissue from the area. Silicone gel implants are made of silicone gel that is injected into the chest wall. Cohesive gel implants are composed of cohesive polyurethane foam; these have been associated with fewer complications than other types of implants.
You may find it hard to access the right information on the internet, so we are here to help you in the following article, providing the best and updated information on Best plastic surgeon in maryland for breast augmentation, Scarring after cosmetic breast surgery. Read on to learn more. We at cosmeticsurgerytips have all the information that you need about Breast implants with breast lift. Read on to learn more.
Best plastic surgeon in maryland for breast augmentation
As an experienced plastic surgeon with one of the busiest practices in the Baltimore area, Dr. Adam Basner knows how important it is for you to choose a plastic surgeon whom you trust. The right plastic surgeon can provide you with the results you want while practicing state-of-the-art care.
Choosing the right plastic surgeon is the most important decision you will make in your journey to getting the final cosmetic result you want. With so many people promoting different kinds of procedures, it can be confusing. Below are several basic guidelines for choosing a plastic surgeon who is right for you:
1. Cosmetic surgery specialization: One of the questions to ask your cosmetic surgeon is in regard to specialization. Any doctor can offer cosmetic services, but you should choose a doctor who specializes in cosmetic surgery. Dr. Basner has been specializing in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery for nearly two decades.
2. Board certification: The American Board of Plastic Surgery certifies plastic surgeons who have gone above and beyond to demonstrate their experience, skill and knowledge in the field of plastic surgery. Unfortunately, there are many physicians with little or no plastic surgery training now trying to perform cosmetic procedures. They may take weekend courses and get various “Board Certificates”. Only the American Board of Plastic Surgery certifies that your surgeon has the proper training. All other “Board Certificates” are imposters meant to decieve the public. Ask if your doctor has the American Society of Plastic Surgery certification.
3. Experience with the procedure you are interested in: The plastic surgeon you choose should perform the procedure you want on a regular basis. Ask how many times the surgeon performs the procedure each year.
4. Before-and-after photos: Ask to see photos of the plastic surgeon’s patients so you can get some idea of the results that the surgeon has achieved. Please visit our before-and-after gallery to see the results of some of Dr. Basner’s past patients. Dr. Basner has many more before and after photos in his office which you can review at the time of your consultation.
5. Your comfort with the plastic surgeon: Make sure you are comfortable with the physician. Your ability to feel comfortable around your plastic surgeon is one of the most important factors. Ask yourself if you like and trust the physician. It is often a “gut feeling” that finally matches you with the doctor who understands what you are trying to accomplish and shows you how it can be achieved.
Scarring after cosmetic breast surgery
Women seek cosmetic breast procedures for a variety of reasons, but most share a common motivation: they want to look and feel more beautiful and confident. With that in mind, it is understandable why prospective patients usually ask the surgeons at Muse Plastic Surgery what kind of scarring they can expect: the goal is to look better, not worse! Dr. Sabine Lovell, a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast procedures, explains what women should know about scarring.
SCARS FADE WITH TIME
Because all plastic surgery involves incisions, scarring is inevitable. The scarring usually becomes more pronounced as healing progresses. Although scarring may differ from patient to patient, it is likely that you will see your scars fade over time. In the year to follow, your scars should flatten and fade further, though never completely. After a year or two, the scarring that remains should be permanent.
You can do your part to help make your scars as minimal as possible. Dr. Lovell will provide a list of tips, which include staying hydrated, getting plenty of rest, massaging the scar and applying a silicone-based gel to the scar.
FOR MOST, THE MINIMAL SCARRING IS WORTHWHILE
Patient satisfaction rates are high after a breast surgery despite inevitable scarring. Women are typically so thrilled to have the kind of breast profile they always dreamed of that the trade-off is more than worthwhile. When they look in the mirror, they notice, first and foremost, the positive changes and are happy with these results. If you think you are someone who might fixate on your scars — even faded ones — then you may not be a good candidate for plastic surgery.
Breast implants with breast lift
If the droopiness of your breasts has you considering plastic surgery, you probably have several questions about the details of a breast lift. Many Muse Plastic Surgery patients ask whether breast implants are included with breast lift surgery — or whether implants are a necessary part of the surgery.
Muse Plastic Surgery is fortunate to have recently welcomed to our team Dr. Sabine Lovell, a plastic surgeon who specializes in breast procedures and is at the top of her field. In this blog, she explains how a breast lift works and whether it is necessary to add breast implants to the procedure.
WHAT BREAST LIFT ACCOMPLISHES
As your skin and breast tissue age, your breasts are more likely to sag, which inevitably detracts from their appealing shape. A breast lift removes excess skin and raises the breast tissue to a more youthful position higher on the chest. The breasts then look firmer and fuller. During a breast lift, nipples that point downward and hang close to the breast crease are also repositioned higher so that they project outward for a “perky” appearance. Enlarged areolas can also be resized, as necessary.
You may have noticed that, amidst all the benefits of a breast lift, there is no mention of augmenting the size. That is because a breast lift elevates the existing breast tissue rather than adding volume to accomplish this youthful look. With that said, if you would like to enhance the size of your breasts at the same time, you can choose to combine a breast lift and a breast augmentation.
In fact, this procedure pairing is common. Women often find that their breast volume decreases after pregnancy or weight loss and want to restore their previous size. Other women who were only somewhat dissatisfied with their breast size but now seek cosmetic surgery to address breast sagging may decide to add implants since they are already undergoing breast surgery. Whatever your motivations, the surgeons at Muse Plastic Surgery have a wealth of experience creating a beautiful breast appearance when performing these surgeries in tandem.
SHOULD YOU ADD IMPLANTS?
It is best to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine if adding implants is the safest decision for you. . During a consultation at Muse Plastic Surgery, your surgeon can help to demonstrate what your breasts will look like after a breast lift. If you decide that the sizing is not to your liking, then you can discuss implant options to help you achieve a physique that brings you happiness and confidence.