Breast reduction surgery is a common procedure performed in New York City and across the country. It can be used to correct a variety of issues, including large breasts that cause pain or discomfort. If you’re considering breast reduction surgery, it’s important to understand what the procedure entails and how much it costs.
Breast Reduction Surgery In Nyc Cost
How much does breast reduction cost?
The average cost of breast reduction (aesthetic patients only) is $5,913, according to 2020 statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. This average cost is only part of the total price – it does not include anesthesia, operating room facilities or other related expenses. Please consult with your plastic surgeon’s office to determine your final fee.
A surgeon’s fee for breast reduction will be based on his or her experience, the type of procedure used and the geographic office location.
Your surgeon may offer patient financing plans, so be sure to ask.
Breast reduction costs may include:
- Anesthesia fees
- Hospital or surgical facility costs
- Medical tests
- Post-surgery garments
- Prescriptions for medication
- Surgeon’s fee
When choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon for breast reduction, remember that the surgeon’s experience and your comfort with him or her are just as important as the final breast reduction costs.
Is breast reduction surgery covered by health insurance?
Many health insurance plans cover breast reduction surgery. Your plastic surgeon may need to obtain authorization from your insurer for the surgery. This may require a letter and the submission of photographs. Once authorization is obtained, you will be able to schedule your surgery.
You will be responsible for any copays or deductibles required by your insurer. If your health plan does not cover breast reduction, you may decide to pay for the surgery yourself.
Breast Reduction in New York, NY
Reduction Mammaplasty in NYC
Disproportionately large breasts can overpower a woman’s figure and cause physical pain and emotional problems.
Large and heavy-breasted women often struggle with neck, back, and shoulder pain, bra strap indentations, skin chafing, infection, and the inability to perform activities like jogging or sports.
Additionally, women with large busts often feel ostracized due to their breast size. Whether in school, the workplace, or out on the town, many women feel as though their breasts are all that a person can see, and it isn’t easy to shine through that.
A breast reduction (reduction mammaplasty) can balance your breasts with your body shape and alleviate the issues you’ve faced due to macromastia (abnormally large breasts).
Why should I choose New Look New Life Cosmetic Surgical Arts?
New Look New Life has a strong team of board-certified cosmetic surgeons dedicated to providing the highest caliber of care and treatment to all of our patients. As a boutique cosmetic surgery practice in New York, we see patients of all types, ages, and demographics. We customize all of our cosmetic procedures to ensure that your surgery is safe, your results are beautiful and natural looking, and your experience is one you will remember with the most positive of feelings.
From your pre-operative breast reduction consultation to after your post-operative appointments, you will always have access to your surgeon. This one-on-one care places New Look New Life Cosmetic Surgical Arts far above the rest.
- WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BREAST REDUCTION?Breast reduction surgery is performed on women to:
- Reduce the weight of overly large breasts
- Reshape the newly reduced breasts
- Tighten and raise the breasts (with the assistance of a breast lift)
- Resize or reposition the nipple-areola complex
- Reduce breast-related back, neck, and shoulder pain
- Prevent shoulder grooving from bra straps from worsening
- Prevent under-breast chafing and skin infections
- Alleviate emotional insecurities resulting from a large breast size
- Improve posture by balancing out proportions
- AM I A CANDIDATE FOR BREAST REDUCTION SURGERY?
- WHAT IS DISCUSSED DURING MY BREAST REDUCTION CONSULTATION?
- HOW CAN I PERSONALIZE MY BREAST REDUCTION SURGERY?
- SHOULD I COMBINE MY BREAST REDUCTION WITH A BREAST LIFT?
What Are Your Concerns Regarding Breast Reduction?
- WHAT WILL MY BREAST REDUCTION RECOVERY BE LIKE?You can rest in our comfortable post-operative suite before going home with a friend or family member. You will need help for the first 24 to 48 hours, and we are available to answer any questions or concerns during your recovery. Our board-certified cosmetic surgeons provide all of their patients with their cell phone numbers so that they can be reached at all times.We understand that our Manhattan patients have busy lifestyles and schedules, and you will likely be able to return to work after week one. You will need to get plenty of rest and avoid putting a strain on your new breasts. Avoid bending, stretching, lifting, and running until told otherwise.You will have a follow-up appointment at New Look New Life Surgical Arts the day after your breast reduction and again one week later. Bruising, swelling, and scarring will fade over the following weeks and months, and nipple sensation will return gradually.
- IS BREAST REDUCTION PAINFUL?
- WILL MY BREAST REDUCTION LEAVE SCARS?
How Much Does Breast Reduction Surgery Cost in Manhattan, NY?
At New Look New Life in Manhattan, breast reduction starts as low as $9,500. A detailed quote will be provided during your consultation.
This price will include anesthesia fees, facility and operating expenses, recovery garments, and your surgeon’s fees. The cost of your breast reduction also includes all follow-up visits during recovery.
We offer financing options through CareCredit® to assist you in paying for your breast reduction in New York.
What Are Some Frequently Asked Questions About Breast Reduction Surgery?
- HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR MY BREAST REDUCTION?Your cosmetic breast surgeon will review your pre- and post-operative instructions during your consultation. These will include quitting smoking and avoiding medications that thin the blood (such as NSAIDs, aspirin, Advil®, Aleve®, and some herbal supplements) for at least 10 to 14 days.You will also need to arrange for time off of work and your daily obligations.