Laser for pubic hair removal is a common treatment for many women. It can be used to reduce or eliminate the hair that grows in this area, which can be both unsightly and uncomfortable. Pubic hair removal is typically done with a laser device, which emits pulses of energy that damage the hair follicle and destroy the root of the hair follicle. This process takes multiple treatments to achieve full results, but you can expect them to last for years after the initial treatment.
If you have decided that you would like to undergo this procedure, read on for more information about how it is performed and what results you can expect from it.
Read on to learn more about Laser For Pubic Hair Removal 2nd Treatment, Best Way To Remove Underarm Hair For Teenager
Laser For Pubic Hair Removal 2nd Treatment
If you’re considering laser hair removal, it pays to study up. We know it’s easy to be lured in by the promise of a stubble-free life, but it’s oh-so important to read up on the facts (and side effects) first, to make sure the treatment is right for you.
There are so many pros to getting laser beyond just the hair removal aspect. If you are susceptible to ingrown hairs that aggravate your skin and cause pigmentation (super common in deep skin tones skin) then it can help to eliminate this.
The options for hair removal are endless. From waxing to threading and shaving to tweezing, but laser hair removal is one of the few options that offers a more permanent approach to getting rid of body hair (if you wish too).
However, just like with any procedure you’re doing to your body, it’s a good idea to thoroughly research the ins and outs of the process before you start a course. Because, while the end result will be *chef’s kiss*, there are a few things to bear in mind and ways you can prep for the best laser experience, wherever on your body you’re getting it done.
We spoke to a few laser experts at Pulse Light Clinic and sk:n clinic about everything you need to know prior to getting laser. Below you’ll find out straight facts and have all your laser myths busted – from laser triggering hair growth (rarely) to having to avoid sun exposure (always).
1. THE PROCESS SOUNDS PAINFUL, BUT ISN’T TOO BAD
Dr. Daron Seukeran, Group Medical Director at the sk:n clinic explains that laser hair removal works by sending the light of a laser through the pigment in the hair. “This (light) converts to heat, which damages the hair follicle and hair bulb.” I found it to be a quick, sharp pain which I found more painful on thinner skin near my nose, chin and temples. Thankfully, the lasers used on me had a cooling mechanism (basically a constantly running cold blast of air right where the laser was pointing) which really helped. I also found it more painful if my body temp was raised due to running across town to make it on time for my appointment.
2. PATIENCE PAYS OFF
It takes two or three weeks after your first treatment to see a difference, and 8 -12 treatments to get the full result. You also have to be really regular with your appointments because your hair follicles are all at different stages of their growth, so you want to make sure each one has a chance to get zapped.
“Laser hair removal gets to the root of the problem, literally,” says Lucy Dawe, Senior Consultant at Pulse Light Clinic. “The laser will target the hair that is in its active growth stage. Clients may find hair to appear finer and less noticeable after one treatment but a course of treatments is essential to see optimal results.”
3. YOU’VE GOT TO USE A HAIR TRIMMER/SHAVE THE AREA BEFORE YOU LASER (SAME GOES FOR MAKEUP)
The laser can react with hair on the skin’s surface which will cause some irritation and maybe dreaded burnt hair smell which I learned first hand, yay. Thankfully for me, I knew that whole ‘shaving = thicker darker hair’ was a really common beauty myth.
ADVERTISEMENT – CONTINUE READING BELOW
You do have to make sure you have prepped properly before each visit though for the optimum results.
Lucy says these are the key things to remember:
- The area must be cleanly shaved within 24 hours prior to the treatment. Electric razors are not recommended as the hair is typically left too long.
- Do not tweeze, wax or pluck the area being treated between or prior to sessions. Only shave the area.
- The treatment area needs to be free from makeup, lotion, deodorant and sun cream- inform the practitioner before treatment starts if you require wipes.
- The area cannot be treated if it has been exposed to sun within 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Fake tanning products cannot be used 3-4 weeks prior to treatment; the area should be thoroughly exfoliated to remove all residues.
Best Way To Remove Underarm Hair For Teenager
How to remove underarm hair naturally
How important is grooming for you? We all want to look our absolute best when we step out of our homes, making sure that everything is on point right from our hair to our attires. We all plan for hours before heading out for an important occasion. Most of us tend to take care of our hair and skin to the T and it shows when we head out from our homes. We also tend to take care of how we look by shaving off those extra and unwanted hair from various parts of our body. While many indulge in waxing sessions, others go for razors to shave their legs and arms. But amid all this, we forget to pay attention to one part that too requires your attention: underarms.
When you wear that sleeveless, off shoulder dress, you do not want any peeking hairs to spoil your look. Underarm hairs can be a real turn off and can completely take away the essence of your attire. So, if you don’t want those unwanted underarm hairs taking away all the charm, you may start getting to know how to remove them.
While many of us do remove our underarm hair via waxing or shaving, do you know there are many other natural ways to get rid of them? So, if you have sensitive skin and hate waxing, then follow these natural ways.
1. Lemon and Sugar pack
Lemon and Sugar pack is one of the best ways to remove all those unwanted underarm hairs. This pack also helps to lighten your skin. Take a tablespoon of sugar and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, mix the two together and form a smooth paste. Apply it to your underarms and spread evenly in the direction of your hair growth. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then, wipe with a wet washcloth.
2. Egg white and Cornflour
This may be a smelly pack but it is super-effective. It exfoliates the underarm skin gently and nourishes it well while thinning the growth of hair on it. Take 1/2 tablespoon cornflour, 1 tablespoon sugar. Apply the pack evenly in your underarms and then peel off in the opposite direction.
(Photo credit: beauty glimpse)
3. Milk and turmeric pack
Take 3 tablespoons of raw milk, 1/2 tablespoon turmeric, and make a smooth paste out of it. Apply the mixture on your underarm hair and leave it on for half an hour. Once it dries completely, soak a clean towel in warm water and wipe the paste off.
With these natural underarm hair removal ideas, we hope you get the best grooming you can!
Best way to remove underarm hair for teenager naturally
Long, shiny, bouncy are some of the adverbs women want people to describe their beautiful tresses as, the tresses that adorn and are the crown of their head. Women take various measures to maintain them and help them grow. But when it comes to body hair, women’s opinion exactly contradicts the one they have about hair on the head; they want to get rid of body hair. It is important to understand that the main function of body hair is to cover and act as a cushion for sensitive body parts against the external damages. So, having hair in different parts of the body is beneficial. But for many people, especially women, body hair tends to affect their looks and aesthetic wellbeing and therefore opting to remove them permanently is the best solution. The usual issues faced, especially by women, are about facial and armpit hair and fittingly there are different techniques through which they can be permanently removed at salons. However, hair removal, especially on the underarms can be performed at home. Doing so at home is not just cost effective, but natural and more importantly, safe.
ARTIFICIAL UNDERARM HAIR REMOVAL METHODS:
There are quite a ways to remove underarm hair for women. While some of the techniques are not painful, they do not give the desired result. Similarly, some techniques can hurt but provide long lasting results. Few of the usual techniques for underarm hair removal are:
- • Shaving Underarm Hair:Benefits:The most common thought for any gender when it comes to removing body hair is shaving. It is the easiest, most readily available and the most cost effective way of removing armpit hair. Shaving is a quick process with a person needing a good razor and a good quality, no side-effect causing cream.Drawback:The short-hand of shaving is that it will not give long lasting effects and may result in causing rashes and cuts on the armpit area, sometimes leading to itchiness and burning sensations. However, if shaving is combined with other products available at the stores, it can provide longer relief from underarm hair.
- • Tweezing :Benefits:Tweezing has its advantages and disadvantages when compared to shaving. The positive being that tweezing gives a more long-lasting effect than shaving with the effect lasting for 4-5 days than the 2-3 days when you shave the underarm.Drawback :However, tweezing can be very painful as it involves plucking of hair and the underarm being a sensitive area, it can cause discomfort. Tweezing is a better option when it comes to removing facial hair.
- • Underarm Waxing :Benefits:Waxing is a method that results in semi-permanent effect when removing hair i.e. it removes hair for up to three weeks. This requires the use of hot wax at the desired body areas. The hot wax is applied with the help of a cloth, which is then removed by pulling in the opposite direction of the hair growth direction in a swift motion.Drawback:Though effective, waxing can be a painful experience.
- • Epilators :Benefits:It is an electronic device that removes body hair by holding onto it and pulling it out. It is easy to operate and causes less pain while removing body hair. However, epilators might not work well on all skin types and may end up darkening the skin.Drawback :Make sure your armpit hair is not too long as it can cause the device to get tangled and make the experience hurtful.While all these are the artificial methods are effective in their own ways, there are several homemade methods for underarm hair removal which are equally and more effective, both performance and cost wise. Some of these useful and thoughtful home remedies are mentioned below.
HOME REMEDIES TO REMOVE UNDERARM/ARMPIT HAIR:
- • Using Turmeric PasteTurmeric has been boon for the mankind for its medicinal value but not many people know that it was one of the ancient ways of body hair removal. This is a totally painless and a long lasting method.Requirements :
- Half cup turmeric powder
- Warm water
- Dry towel
- Make a thick turmeric paste using turmeric and rose water
- Stir the paste well and apply on the underarm hair
- Once applied leave it to settle for half an hour
- Wash the paste with the towel soaked in warm water
- Softly rub the area dry and repeat the process to remove underarm hair
- • Using Homemade Sugar WaxOne of the natural remedies for permanent hair removal is the use of sugar wax. This is not only cost effective but also provides long-lasting effects. Sugar wax can be made at home with just 3 cups sugar, half-cup water, and ¼ cup of lemon juice.Requirements :
- Put sugar in a pre-heated pan and add water to it
- Stir it well to mix and cook till the sugar totally dissolves and leaves a brown caramel color substance
- Pour lemon juice to the mixture and stir it till it becomes a waxy solution. This can take around 20 mins
- Put the wax into a heat resistant bowl and allow it to cool down
- Wash the body area with warm water and rub it dry with a towel.
- Put the wax on the body area and spread it with a spatula
- Place a waxing strip on the applied wax and press it well
- Remove the strip with a quick jerk in the opposite direction of hair
- Put moisturizer on the waxed area for soothing and calming any inflammation or pain
- • Using Honey Lemon Mixture for Underarm Hair RemovalHoney and lemon both have been the source of physical treatment even though they aren’t as popular with regards to hair removal. Honey, if applied regularly, is a useful resource for hair removal.Requirements :
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 3 drops lemon juice
- Warm water
- Dry towel
- To begin with, mix honey and lemon juice together and stir well
- Apply the mixture on the underarm area and leave it on for 15-20mins
- Wash it with a towel soaked in warm water or rinse it off with warm water
- Softly rub the area dry. This treatment is to be repeated for 2-3 times a week for 4 weeks for permanent hair removal.
- • Using Corn Flour & Egg PasteIt is a wonderful experience to know that our kitchen is full of remedies for various issues. In this case, corn flour and egg paste is a painless process to remove underarm hair. Although it is a time consuming process and requires multiple application.Requirements :
- An egg
- ½ teaspoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Paste needs to be applied on the underarm hair area
- Let it settle and dry
- Once dried, peel off the dried up paste
- This process is to be repeated every week for permanent underarm hair removal
- • Using Lentil and PotatoThis is an effective treatment of removing body hair in India since ages. The potato contains special properties that help to dry out your skin and hair follicles, and mixing it with the dried lentils makes it easier for the hair to be pulled out.Requirements :
- 1 potato
- 1 bowl of dried yellow lentils
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 lemon
- Soak lentil in water overnight to easily crush later
- Crush the potato and squeeze its juice in a bowl
- Mix potato juice with crushed lentil
- Apply mixture and keep on for 20 minutes
- Wipe the paste off
- • Using Basil and Onion PasteDid you know that onion not only makes your dishes delicious but also can help remove unwanted hair when combined with basil? All you have to do is a little practice to discover the slight transparent films that lie between the layers of an onion.Requirements :
- Basil leaves- 10-12
- Onions- 2
- Take out the flimsy transparent layers from between the onion layers
- Now squash the basil leaves alongside the onion films to get a glue
- Apply this glue on your unwanted hair
- Leave for 15-20 minutes
- Wash off with water
- Repeat this 3-4 times each week for a month or two to uproot your unwanted hair
CLINICAL IMPORTANCE OF UNDERARM HAIR REMOVAL
Armpit hair is also known as axillary hair and enables more sweat through the axillary gland compared to the other body areas. More sweat results in stronger bacterial influence that produces strong body odour. However, if the armpit has less hair it would enable less sweat and hence lesser bacteria. Moreover, if the armpit hair are not removed or cleaned, it can cause the following ailments:
- Axillary Intertrigo :Skin inflammation caused by moisture, heat and friction is known as intertrigo. Excessive underarm hair is a dense source of sweat and the moisture can result in the growth of pathogenic bacteria, fungi and yeasts
- Rashes & Burning Sensation :More hair results in friction which generates heat which can cause rashes and burning sensation
- Breast Cancer :Armpit is home to lymphatic nodes and breast cancer is mainly spread through lymphatic vessels to lymphatic nodes
UNDERARM HAIR REMOVAL AT KAYA
Underarm hair may seem to be a harmless affair but it can cause quite a few irritations if persisted with. While there are many natural and DIY processes for underarm hair removal, we at Kaya can help you get rid of your body hair issues on a permanent basis. At Kaya, we use US FDA approved Nd-YAG laser that’s really safe for the Indian skin. Laser hair removal* will help in saying permanent goodbyes to your body hair worries. Kaya Hair Free Gentle Touch finds out the type of hair you have and on the basis of that hair removal treatment is customized to give you a painless and long lasting resolution.